National Night Out (NNO) is a unique event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch and is held the first Tuesday in August. The National Night Out campaign has involved citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from over 15,000 communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide. Over 37 million people have participated in NNO worldwide.
In 2017 NNO will be celebrated across the country on Tuesday, August 1, 2017. Once again, the Boise Police Department will promote and support this community event.
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT is designed to:
Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized
and fighting back.
- Along with the traditional display of outdoor lights and front porch vigils, cities, towns and
Neighborhoods ‘celebrate’ NNO with a variety of events and activities such as:
- Block parties,
- Neighborhood cookouts,
- Visits from local police, fire fighters, paramedics, and city officials
NNO has proven to be an effective, inexpensive and enjoyable program to promote
neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships in our quest for a safer nation.
Registration for a Boise Neighborhood Night Out is available online by visiting the Boise Police Neighborhood Services pages by clicking here.