The North End Neighborhood is a “registered” neighborhood with the City of Boise. As a registered neighborhood association, NENA is eligible to apply for Neighborhood Improvement Grants. These are used in conjunction with “Funds to Improve the North End” or (FINE) Grants. $500 grants are available for a wide variety of projects to make the North End a better place. Recent grants include funding for community gardens, garden sharing, goathead removal, school events, and flowers and air conditioners for elderly residents.
Your Hyde Park Street Fair purchases directly impact your neighborhood. So order that extra snack or beverage, buy some local art and watch the positive impacts on the North End.
North End Neighborhood Association
PO Box 1235
Boise, ID 83701
Current Board Members
- Mark Baltes (o) – President
- Chris Wagener (o) – Vice President, Public Safety, Schools & Grants
- James Jones (o) – Treasurer & Booth Home
- Autumn Street (e) – Secretary, Media & Communications
- Anne Hausrath (o) – Streets Committee Chair
- John Llewellyn (o)- NENA Aid Program, Hyde Park Street Fair, Newsletter, Advertising
- Tory Spengler (e) – Hays District, Block 75
- Julie Varin (e)- Harrison Boulevard
- Marcia Lynn (e) – Neighborhood Watch
- Sherri Battazzo (e) – Liaison for Historic Preservation Commission
- one seat currently open (e)
(e) (o) – Board members serve two-year terms. Board elections are held every year at the annual meeting in October. NENA members vote on six board seats (e) in even years and five board seats (o) in odd years. Any mid-term vacancies on the Board of Directors are filled by a vote of the Board and the new board member serves out the unexpired term of that seat.
NENA Board meeting are generally scheduled for the third Wednesday of the month and are held at the Mennonite Meeting Hall at 14th and Eastman. For current information visit the NENA Facebook page by clicking here.